Posted on August 09 2012
1. If you have curly hair, show your curls some love with moisture. Curly hair becomes drier faster. Look for shampoo and conditioners without SLS and parabens, which tend to dry your hair out. Use a conditioning mask at least once a week and leave on for about 10 minutes before rinsing out.
2. Curly hair is always thirsty-quench your curls with a light leave in conditioner that contains coconut or avocado oil. To tame your frizz, but not weigh down your curls, we love a good serum. Our favorites include Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger and Biosilk Serum. A dime sized works wonders.
3. Wash your hair every other day. Washing it everyday will dry out your hair and remove natural oils that act as natural hair conditioners.
4. Leaving your hair to dry naturally, (if you have the time) is best because you avoid the frizz that tends to come with using a blow dryer.
5. Keratin is a super effective product which is the key component to the structure of your hair. With styling, change of weather and dying, you loose the keratin in your hair. Restore keratin by getting a keratin treatment which will soften your hair and make it easier to style.