Posted on July 31 2012
What girl doesn’t love roses? While roses can liven up just about any living space-they can also do wonders for your skin and your overall health. Actresses, such as Liv Tyler and Evangeline Lily love rose water and use it on their skin on a daily basis. We did some research on the uses and benefits of rose water and became rosy cheeked at the findings.
1. Rose water and oil are great for the skin-especially for aging because they fight off wrinkles and tighten the skin’s pores. It also acts as a skin cleanser and toner.
2. Whenever you have razor bumps, spray on a light, even mist of rose water onto affected area to help calm irritation and inflammation.
3. Add a couple of drops of rose water to any facial mask to enhance the mask’s performance.
4. Rose water can be applied over insect bites like mosquito bites that easily stop the itchy feeling, reduce the inflammation and cool the area.
5. For any eye pain or fatigue, gently dip a cloth in rose water and place it on your eyelids for a soothing feeling that helps cool your eyes.
6. Rose water acts as a gentle astringent which helps reduce redness and inflammation associated with acne. Swollen inflamed pimples can be reduced by gently dabbing rose water on the affected area. Reduce the appearance of scars by applying a mixture of sandalwood, lemon juice and rose water on them.
7. Rose water can also be used on the hair to soften and condition rough and damaged areas.
* Keep in mind that real rose water is derived from rose petals. It’s this water that actually has the healing properties. Avoid rose essence because it doesn’t have any health or beauty benefits.