Sleek Parted Ponytails
Posted on June 06 2012
We doubt there will be many days during the summer months in the city when you’ll actually want to leave your hair down. Chances are, you’ll probably opt for a ponytail or a bun. We’re thinking back to this past Spring’s runways and the sleek parted ponytails we saw plenty of. Apart from keeping your hair away from your face and neck, it’s fashionably sleek. Here’s how to get the look in under 5 minutes.
1. Get your hair ready for styling by applying an anti-frizz product, such as Sebastian Laminates Rich Hair Spray Anti-Frizz Thermal Shine Styler, $29.99. Then, begin smoothing your hair using a blow dryer and round brush.
2. Next, part hair in the middle, and use a large paddle brush to further smooth hair.
3. Pull your hair snugly into a ponytail using a ponytail holder that matches your hair color if possible. Also, if you want to add volume and length, try attaching ponytail extensions.
4. For a cleaner look, wrap your own hair around the ponytail holder, then secure it with bobby pins underneath.
5. Finish the look with a light hairspray.